BAKER FIRE DISTRICT
P.O. Box 101
1375 19th Street
Baker, FL 32531
850-537-2487 (Office) 850-537-7295 (Fax)
Meeting was called to order by Mike Paul on Tuesday, 11 July 2017 at 7:00pm.
Attended by: Mike Paul, Ralph Ellis, Tim Ross and Janie Lambert
Minutes for 13 June 2017 read by Janie Lambert. Motion to accept by Ralph Ellis
2nd by Janie Lambert Carried 4 -0
The General Account end of the month balance $62,868.00
The Impact Fees had an end of the month balance of $12,352.72
Total combined is $75,220.72
Motion to accept by Ralph Ellis 2nd by Tim Ross Carried 4-0
We have no report of calls for the month of June as Dusty is out of town.
Baker/Blackman Consolidation Committee meeting for discussion to establish departmental and legislative agreement for the proposed consolidation. It will consist of Tim Ross, Mike Paul, Sheri Brewer, Jim Lawson and Don Fugate and lawyer representing and preparing proposal Mr. Moore. Letters have been sent to the Legislature with the proposed consolidation. The representatives have supported us after a meeting in Niceville. We need to go over boundaries for each department. As of this date, This Consolidation is not being presented to the Legislature and we may have to wait until 2018. Revised/continued
Dusty wants to fix up and sell the 2216 SCBA’s and get money to use on something else. Tim made the motion, the motion was 2nd by Janie Lambert carried 4-0. Dalmatian Fire had agreed to purchase all of them once Tim Busby done an inventory but now they have changed their mine and we are in discussions with other offers so whoever comes in at the highest bid will get them. This is pending.
Tim says Donna Ash will continue to complete the books. Ralph will get bond Donna Ashe bonded. Janie talked to Donna to get her information to be bonded and she said she would do it until we can get someone else. Dawn Paul was mentioned as taking this on but she has not been asked. Ralph made a motion to pursue getting someone to do the books if Donna can’t. This was 2nd by Janie Lambert carried 3-0. Donna Ash is the Baker Fire District Bookkeeper for now. Pending
The Building needs to be pressure washed by a professional. Sheri will get 3 bids on this and report next month. Sheri got 3 bids and we chose Spanky’s for $400 and everyone else wanted $500-$700. The motion was made by Ralph Ellis 2nd by Janie Lambert. Pending should be done 2-4 August
We will be getting a grant for $37,250.00 as of now we are waiting for the state to get us the money. We will purchase 5 SCBA’s. We have a quote from Fisher Safety for $32,508.35. When we get the money we can purchase these. The remaining funds will be returned per agreement for the grant. Pending
We need to get a new Street sign as the one we have is in not in good shape. Ralph has got 3 estimates but we decided to wait on the District merger instead of paying for it twice. This is pending until the merger.
We have had a workshop on getting a new Brush Truck and have done the bids from 4 different dealerships and have decided to wait and separate the funds from the Vacant Land Assessment and the other funds and keep it separate to either have a good down payment or buy outright. As of 4/28/2017 we have received $138.397.40 for the Tax Assessment and $33,271.98 for the Vacant Land Assessment. These are not final figures. This has been tabled until we can see how much in funds we got this year.
The new percentage increase for the Tax Assessment has gone up 4.1052%. This has to be done by 15 June so we voted on it so we could get it to the Tax Collector giving us time to get it to them since our next meeting is the 13th of June. We also will have a workshop on 16 May at 7pm to certify the tax roll and turn them both in at the same time. Ralph made and motion and it was 2nd by Janie Lambert carried 3-0.
Tanker 24 is leaking at the T-valve and we will look at it to see if it can be fixed.
Our Jaws does not have parts available to keep it running. This is the one that we got from the County so Dusty will see if they will give us another one to replace it.
Dewayne has been keeping up our website and is no longer able to keep up with this as he has been paying for it. Dewayne has been contracted to stay on for a price of $100.00 per month. Dewayne will be required to furnish receipts if he pays for anything. Upon a written Contract a motion has been made by Ralph Ellis and 2nd by Tim Ross. Pending
We received new paperwork to sign for the new Property Agreement since we have a new Property Appraiser. Janie will turn in the paperwork.
Joey Franks has given us the application for the fundraiser. Janie will be the POC and get the paperwork filled out and returned to Joey.
We need something done about the radios and communication. We need to talk to the County Commissioner’s to see if they can do anything to help us as this can put us in a dangerous situation with our crew. We will get a few people who know and can explain what is happening then write a letter to see if we can get a meeting with the County Commissioner’s.
There was an incident question of transporting an injured person in which we are not supposed to do. The only way we can do this is if an EMS person goes in with us.
We need to purchase 4 mobile radios, antennas and new cable for the trucks. We have three bids on the HYT TM-628H VHF 136-174MHz 128 channel 50W Mobile Radio. Tim Ross made the motion and Ralph 2nd the motion. They will go in the 2 Engines, Rescue and the Squad. Dusty will order when he returns. Each radio is $278.00.
Ralph made a motion and it was 2nd by Janie to get the carpet cleaned as well as the chairs. Tim Busby will be the POC on this.
The Board needs to set a date for the new budget for next year.
Motion to adjourn at 8:06pm by Ralph Ellis, 2nd by Janie Lambert carried 4-0
Next meeting will be held Tuesday, 8 August 2017