BAKER FIRE DISTRICT

March 2017

BAKER FIRE DISTRICT

                   P.O. Box 101

1375 19th Street

Baker, FL  32531

850-537-2487 (Office) 850-537-7295 (Fax)

 
Meeting was called to order by Mike Paul on Tuesday, 14 March 2017 at 7:10pm.

 Attended by:  Mike Paul, Sheri Brewer, Tim Ross, and Janie Lambert

 Minutes for 14 February 2017 read by Janie Lambert.   Motion to accept by Tim Ross

      2nd by Sheri Brewer   Carried 4 -0

Treasurer's report:

February 2017

The General Account end of the month balance $101,921.13
The Impact Fees had an end of the month balance of $7,576.72
Total combined is $109,497.85
Motion to accept by Sheri Brewer 2nd by Tim Ross Carried 4-0

 Chief’s Report:  

 We had 25 calls for the month of February. 

             11 Medical, 8 brush fires, 2 structure fires, 1 MVA

 Dusty order 4 Essential training manuals which will come from his training budget.

 

Crestview will be going to UHF radios in April.  We will have to listen to them on the Operations radio.  Chief King is trying to get us an 800 mhz radio that we can use. 

 Dusty needs a new tax exempt ID number.

 The County is doing an assessment on the radios and it will take time because they are in the beginning    stages.  They have ask us not to buy radios until this is done but it could take time.

 
Old Business

 

Baker/Blackman Consolidation Committee meeting for discussion to establish departmental and legislative agreement for the proposed consolidation.   It will consist of Tim Ross, Mike Paul, Sheri Brewer, Jim Lawson and Don Fugate and lawyer representing and preparing proposal Mr. Moore. Letters have been sent to the Legislature with the proposed consolidation.  The represenatives have supported us after a meeting in Niceville.  We need to go over boundaries for each department.  As of this date, This Consolidation is not being presented to the Legislature and we may have to wait until 2018.    Revised/continued 
We now have 3 bids for the air conditioners.  King Air, Oglesby Air and Northwest Florida Air from Pensacola.  Sheri made a motion to go with Oglesby 2nd by Janie Lambert.  Tim will call them and have this done around the 1st of March. Tim is the POC. Pending
Dusty wants to fix up and sell the 2216 SCBA’s and get money to use on something else.  Tim made the motion, the motion was 2nd by Janie Lambert. Pending
Tim says Donna Ash will continue to complete the books. We will bond Donna Ashe and drop Frannie off of the bond.  Pending
Dusty has a chance to get a demo Combi tool for a discounted price of $9,800.00, a new one would cost around $12,000. This comes with two batteries and charger.  The Board would split the cost 60/40 from the General Fund and the Volunteer fund.  This is contingent until after a vote at the Volunteer Meeting and if he can hold it that long before we purchase it. Tim made the motion and Sheri 2nd it.   The Volunteers voted to approve only $3600.00

 
New Business

 Since the woods have been cleared the Building needs to be pressure washed by a professional. Also the Sign near the road is rotten and needs to be replaced. Sheri will get 3 bids on this and report next month.

 Dr. Tami Mackenzie, has made a written request (given to Tim Ross) spoke to the Board about Statue 189.069 that we are not compliant with.  She has talked to Jim Gaskins from the State.  She is also requesting records of sales from vehicles in the past.  Tim will work on this in a timely manner and get back with all of us.

 Dewayne has been keeping up our website and is no longer able to keep up with this. 

 Mike need to send in the “Uniform Collection Agreement” to the Tax Collector.  The motion was made by Janie Lambert 2nd by Tim Ross. 

 

Motion to adjourn at 7:51pm by, 2nd by Janie Lambert carried 4-0

                    Next meeting will be held Tuesday, 11 April 2017