BAKER FIRE DISTRICT

September 2017

BAKER FIRE DISTRICT

                   P.O. Box 101

1375 19th Street

Baker, FL  32531

850-537-2487 (Office) 850-537-7295 (Fax)

 

 

Meeting was called to order by Mike Paul on Tuesday, 12 September 2017 at 7:00pm.

 

Attended by:  Mike Paul, Ralph Ellis, Tim Ross, Sheri Brewer and Janie Lambert

 

Minutes for 8 August 2017 read by Janie Lambert.   Motion to accept by Ralph Ellis

      2nd by Sheri Brewer Carried 5 -0

Treasurer's Report:

September 2017

The General Account end of the month balance $63,873.62 of which 33,271.98 is for the new truck and can’t be spent as well as $32,508.35 to pay for the Air Packs from the Grant.

 

The Impact Fees had an end of the month balance of $13,259.47
Total combined is $77,133.09
Motion to accept by Ralph Ellis 2nd by Janie Lambert Carried 5-0

 

Chief’s Report:  

 

There were a total of 40 run calls. See attached

4 Structure Fires

5 MVA’s

3 Brush Fires

28 Medical calls

 

 

 

Old Business

 

Baker/Blackman Consolidation Committee meeting for discussion to establish departmental and legislative agreement for the proposed consolidation.   It will consist of Tim Ross, Mike Paul, Sheri Brewer, Jim Lawson and Don Fugate and lawyer representing and preparing proposal Mr. Moore. Letters have been sent to the Legislature with the proposed consolidation.  The representatives have supported us after a meeting in Niceville.  We need to go over boundaries for each department.  As of this date, The Legislature has decided they want approval (Letter from the County) before they will agree to the Consolidation. This is not needed since we do not belong to the County but Mr. J.R Williamson would not agree even though Mr. Moore tried to explain this to him so we may have to wait until 2018 and be put on the ballot and start all over again.  Mr. Lawson has also mention that maybe we could do it by Contract with Blackman.  The question was brought up “Do we want to continue this and spend the money?”  Revised/continued 
Dusty wants to fix up and sell the 2216 SCBA’s and get money to use on something else.  Tim made the motion, the motion was 2nd by Janie Lambert carried 4-0.  Dalmatian Fire had agreed to purchase all of them once Tim Busby does an inventory but they have since changed their mind.  Dusty has talked to someone else and we have a $1600.00 bid and he will contact them and get this done.  This is pending.
We will be getting a grant for $37,250.00 as of now we are waiting for the state to get us the money.  We will purchase 5 SCBA’s.  We have a quote from Fisher Safety for $32,508.35.  When we get the money we can purchase these.  The remaining funds will be returned per agreement for the grant.  We have the Air Packs but have not received the money from the grant.  Dusty will get with Charlie Frank to see what is happening.  We have received the check and we are now waiting for Tim to pay the bill.

 

We need to get a new Street sign as the one we have is in not in good shape.  Ralph has got 3 estimates but we decided to wait on the District merger instead of paying for it twice.  This is pending until the merger.

 

We have had a workshop on getting a new Brush Truck and have done the bids from 4 different dealerships and have decided to wait and separate the funds from the Vacant Land Assessment and the other funds and keep it separate to either have a good down payment or buy outright. As of 4/28/2017 we have received $138,397.40 for the Tax Assessment and $33,271.98 for the Vacant Land Assessment.  These are not final figures.  This has been tabled until we can see how much in funds we got this year.

 

Tanker 24 is leaking at the T-valve and we will look at it to see if it can be fixed.  Glen Arne can fix it if after Dusty removes the bolt.   Pending

 

Our Jaws does not have parts available to keep it running.  This is the one that we got from the County so Dusty will see if they will give us another one to replace it.  Pending

 

Dewayne has been keeping up our website and is no longer able to keep up with this as he has been paying for it.  Dewayne has been contracted to stay on for a price of $100.00 per month.  Dewayne will be required to furnish receipts if he pays for anything.  Upon a written Contract a motion has been made by Ralph Ellis and 2nd by Tim Ross.  Janie is the POC.  Pending

 

Joey Franks has given us the application for the fundraiser.  Janie will be the POC and get the paperwork filled out and returned to Joey.  Janie gave part of the application to Tim Ross so he can fill out his portion.  Pending

 

Ralph made a motion and it was 2nd by Janie to get the carpet cleaned as well as the chairs.  Ralph Ellis will be the POC on this.  We decided to do this by renting a machine from somewhere downtown to save cost.  He will rent the machine when he knows he has a crew to help.  Pending

 

 

 

The Board has 10 August at 7pm as a date for the new budget for next year.  Money will be set aside for each category to spend and when that is gone, that category gets no more.  Tim will go to the bank to see if we can get a line of credit loan for $25,000.00 for the remainder of the time until we start getting money coming in October.  Ralph made a motion 2nd by Tim Ross.

 

Crestview wants to do a joint training in the future with us.  Brian Bingham is the POC.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

New Business

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Motion to adjourn at 8:00pm by Ralph Ellis, 2nd by Janie Lambert carried 5-0

                    Next meeting will be held Tuesday, 10 October 2017